Wiring caused fire at Pa. warehouse holding props

Posted at: 12/11/2012 4:06 PM
By:

(AP) PHILADELPHIA - Faulty wiring is being blamed for a fire at a Philadelphia warehouse where a string band stores its props for the city’s annual Mardi Gras-like New Year’s Day parade.

Fire department Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says Monday’s blaze at the south Philadelphia warehouse was caused by permanent wiring and originated near the back of an auto shop at the site. One person was hospitalized.

Members of the Fralinger (FRAY’-lin-jer) String Band said Tuesday they found their props wet but undamaged. Fralinger is one of many clubs that participate in the Mummers Parade each Jan. 1. The band says it will definitely still participate in this year’s parade.

The parade features thousands of performers wearing elaborate costumes and often is described as Philadelphia’s Mardi Gras.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Print  

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Home
Set Home
SMS Text Alerts
Text Alerts
Email
Email News
RSS
RSS
Android App
Android App
iPhone - iPad App
iOS App

Advertisement | Your Ad Here


Site Index