News Director #24-13
Posted at: 03/30/2011 4:00 PM
| Updated at: 08/05/2013 10:21 AM
By: Cathy Potts
- Minimum of five years of success in key leadership role(s) within a television newsroom.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all phases of a television news operation, including, but not limited to: news reporting and writing, newscast formats, news producing, newsroom organization, and newsgathering technology.
- Must be a dynamic strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to his/her staff.
- Must be creative and adept at managing in a fast-paced, highly charged and aggressive news environment.
- Basic understanding of newsroom technical operation including computer networking, newsroom systems, microwave, satellite and digital technology. Knowledge of social media and multiplatform newsgathering.
- Understanding of basic budgeting principle and financial management.
- Developing and maintaining a strategic and editorial vision for Eyewitness News
- Direct and manage overall efforts of the News Department and see that the vision and mission of Eyewitness News 4 is understood by entire news organization.
- This vision should come from working with extensive market research and the tested instincts of the news director.
- Responsible for all administrative duties associated with running the news organization, including personnel and budgeting.
- Reports to the Vice President/General Manager.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and work under tight deadlines and in high pressure situations. Quick and clear thinking required. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
4 Broadcast Plaza SW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Fax: (505) 764-2522
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER