Hundreds race for breast cancer research
Posted at: 10/14/2012 8:10 PM
| Updated at: 10/14/2012 10:44 PM
By: KOB.com Staff
The Albuquerque metro community banded together Sunday to raise money for breast cancer research. The day marked the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure at Manzano High School.
The event is dedicated to breast cancer survivors with a survivor breakfast and survivor parade.
Supporters said they were happy to see so many people attend.
"It's emotional - it's great to see everybody out here you know supporting breast cancer you know these women go through a lot and its just great that we could be out there to support them and help them through their battle," participant Jessica Gallegos said. "We're here for them."
75 percent of the money raised from the race will go to local breast cancer education efforts, screenings and treatments. The other 25 percent will go toward ground-breaking research grants.