Outrage over suspected squatter's release

Posted at: 05/02/2013 10:06 AM | Updated at: 05/02/2013 10:14 AM
By: The Associated Press

Photo: Moses Gold
Photo: Moses Gold

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - A Santa Fe homeowner says he's outraged that a magistrate has dismissed charges against a man police say admitted to squatting.

Miguel Rodriguez tells the Santa Fe New Mexican the judge had "no regard for the victim."

The judge on Wednesday dismissed the case, saying he found a "lack of probable cause" for the burglary, breaking and entering, criminal damage and larceny charges. But the counts can be refiled and police say they plan to do so.

Rodriguez says 44-year-old Moses Gold caused nearly $1,000 in damage to his home after breaking in twice last week.

Gold was arrested Tuesday after he was found in an SUV on the property. An arrest statement says Gold told police he was going through "hard times." He also told police he would pay for the damage.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Print  

Paid Advertisement:




Paid Advertisement:
Know More? Got Photo? Got Video? Correction Needed?

KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Home
Set Home
SMS Text Alerts
Text Alerts
Email
Email News
RSS
RSS
Android App
Android App
iPhone - iPad App
iOS App

Advertisement | Your Ad Here


Site Index