Just the Facts: Jorge Torres
• Position: Weekend Meteorologist/Weekday Reporter
• Year Hired at KOB Eyewitness News 4: 2013
• First TV Appearance: I was thrown to the wolves on Saturday, May 23, 2009, as the morning meteorologist after graduating just a week before from college.
• Other TV jobs/markets/stations: Morning meteorologist at KVIA-TV in El Paso, Texas
• Favorite News Story: All of the Iconic New Mexico Restaurant stories…can't go wrong with food!
• First Reporting Story: Beat the Heat tips in Albuquerque when we hit 105 in the summer of 2013
• Role Model/Most Admired: Parents, Jim Spencer, John Morales, Jim Cantore, Ozzie Smith
• Most proud of: Other than graduating, I'd say attaining my Certified Broadcast Meteorology designation in March 2013 after months of studying!
• Favorite thing about New Mexico: Green Enchiladas
• Hidden Talent: Salsa dancing
• Dream Interview: Jim Cantore after a tropical system makes landfall
• Dream Job: I'm already doing my dream job!
• Favorite TV Show: Rescue Me
• Favorite good causes: Anything that involves talking to kids in schools about weather and science
• Alma Mater: Texas A&M University! Gig 'Em
• Hometown: Pflugerville, Texas, which is just north of Austin (that IS an actual town, which is pronounced Fl-ooger-ville)
• Star Sign: Libra
• Favorite animal(s): Triceratops..always loved dinosaurs as a kid
• Siblings: Older brother, younger half-sister and younger half-brother • Hobbies: Working out, hiking, playing baseball • Favorite Food: Mom’s enchiladas! Simply the best!!!
• Favorite Sports Team: Aggies, Yankees, Texans, FC Barcelona
• Favorite Musician: Too many to name!
• Favorite Author: Gary Paulsen
• Favorite Destination: New York, New York
• Favorite Song: Juan Luis Guerra – Te Regalo Una Rosa
• Favorite quote: "Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo"…"Let the world change you and then you can change the world." – Che Guevara
• Favorite color: Maroon
• Favorite movie(s): Shawshank Redemption
• Favorite book(s): Hatchet Series
• One thing my co-workers don't know about me is: I've never been to California…ever. People think I'm missing out. Am I?