Malfunction leads to small fire at PNM switch yard

Posted at: 07/06/2013 5:05 PM | Updated at: 07/06/2013 7:20 PM
By: Jeffery Gordon, KOB.com

Albuquerque firefighters were called out to a small fire at PNM’s switch yard near Unser and Ladera on Saturday.

KOB Eyewitness News 4 was told that a capacitor transformer malfunctioned for an unknown reason.

The transformer malfunction lead to the fire, but the situation was quickly controlled by firefighters.

Officials say the incident caused a momentary outage for some customers.

No injuries were reported. 

Print  

Paid Advertisement:




Paid Advertisement:
Know More? Got Photo? Got Video? Correction Needed?

KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Home
Set Home
SMS Text Alerts
Text Alerts
Email
Email News
RSS
RSS
Android App
Android App
iPhone - iPad App
iOS App

Advertisement | Your Ad Here


Site Index