NM providers await decisions after funding cut

Posted at: 07/14/2013 10:50 AM
By: Mike Anderson, KOB Eyewitness News 4

 SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - It will be next week before state officials make any more decisions on restoring funding to more than a dozen New Mexico providers of mental health and substance abuse services.

A state audit last month said 15 New Mexico nonprofit providers failed to meet standards, overbilled the federal and state governments by tens of millions of dollars and may have taken part in fraudulent activities.

As a result, Human Services Secretary Sidonie Squier halted Medicaid and other funding to the providers.

As of Friday, the agency said the flow of money for behavioral health services had resumed for only one of the providers and solutions for the others were being reviewed.

The nonprofits say their futures are up in the air.

At least one has laid off staff and others say they may have to close.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Print  

Paid Advertisement:




Paid Advertisement:
Know More? Got Photo? Got Video? Correction Needed?

KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Home
Set Home
SMS Text Alerts
Text Alerts
Email
Email News
RSS
RSS
Android App
Android App
iPhone - iPad App
iOS App

Advertisement | Your Ad Here


Site Index