Investigators tight-lipped about Redwine house search

Posted at: 08/15/2013 10:38 AM | Updated at: 08/15/2013 12:31 PM
By: Elizabeth Reed, KOB.com

Southwestern Colorado investigators confirm they searched the home of a man whose son's remains were found in June, but won't reveal what they found.

Dan Bender of the La Plata County Sheriff's Office said they had "no comment" regarding what was taken during the execution of the search warrant.

TV station KUSA spoke with Mark Redwine and reported the deputies took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone. Redwine said they also removed sections of carpet and wood floors and dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase.

Bender said the search was part of the ongoing investigation into the death of Dylan Redwine. The 13-year-old boy went missing from Vallecito, Colo., while visiting his father on a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit last year. His remains were found in the Middle Mountain area in June of 2013.

"As we have stated in the past, we have not labeled anyone as a suspect in this case," Bender wrote to the media on Thursday morning.

The FBI assisted La Plata County and state authorities in executing the search warrant.

Print  

Paid Advertisement:




Paid Advertisement:
Know More? Got Photo? Got Video? Correction Needed?

KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Advertisement | Your Ad Here

Home
Set Home
SMS Text Alerts
Text Alerts
Email
Email News
RSS
RSS
Android App
Android App
iPhone - iPad App
iOS App

Advertisement | Your Ad Here


Site Index