Advertisement

Albuquerque mayoral candidates talk city safety plans

Updated: 09/05/2013 8:08 AM | Created: 09/05/2013 8:06 AM
By: Kim Tobin and Elizabeth Reed, KOB Eyewitness News 4

ALBUQUERQUE -- As the race for Albuquerque's mayor heats up, several organizations are asking how the candidates plan to keep people safe.

A public safety forum will be held Thursday afternoon, and organizers say it's one of the most critical issues for the candidates to talk about, along with the future of the police and fire departments.

Union representatives with the local chapter of the International Association of Firefighters and the Albuquerque Police Officers Association asked the candidates to come.

So far, Pete Dinelli and Paul Heh have accepted, but Mayor Richard Berry is not expected to attend the forum.

In his acceptance letter, Heh said the problems caused by the Berry administration must be corrected. He said he will never lie to the public about city statistics and will take responsibility for what goes wrong in his administration.

The forum starts at 1 p.m. at the Carpenters Trading Union training center, located at 3900 Pan American Freeway Northeast.

Pete Dinelli and Paul Heh are expected to attend the public safety forum.

KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.



Join Our Email List

Advertisement

Advertisement