Created: 12/15/2014 8:52 PM
By: By The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. DEADLY SIEGE ENDS IN AUSTRALIA
Three people die in the 16-hour standoff in Sydney, including an Iranian-born gunman who once sent offensive letters to families of troops.
2. WHY RUSSIA'S CENTRAL BANK IS HIKING KEY RATE TO 17 PERCENT
It's a desperate bid to boost the country's faltering currency and rescue its economy, battered by sanctions and sinking oil prices.
3. SIX DEAD IN SHOOTING RAMPAGE IN PENNSYLVANIA
Authorities say Bradley William Stone, 35, was in a custody fight with his ex-wife before he killed her and members of her family.
4. POLICE ALTERING TACTICS AFTER KILLINGS, PROTESTS
Departments across the U.S. are changing policies and procedures to curb the use of deadly force and ease public distrust.
5. HOW 'OBAMACARE' IS FARING IN YEAR 2
Sign-up season for the health care law has gotten off to a much stronger start this year, but Americans remain skeptical.
6. NETANYAHU CONTINUES SURGE IN SETTLEMENTS
Settlement growth during his tenure has even been strong beyond what many see as a possible border between Israel and a future Palestinian state.
7. WHO'S THREATENING TO SUE OVER SENSITIVE EMAILS
Sony Pictures is warning news organizations not to publish corporate secrets from files leaked by hackers.
8. CHICAGO POLICE STUMPED BY 'CRASH-AND-GRAB' BURGLARIES
At least a dozen times since September, thieves have slammed vehicles into stores and taken whatever they could with the speed of a NASCAR pit crew.
9. NO INK FOR ROVER
It'll soon be a crime in New York state to tattoo or pierce your pet simply for looks.
10. BIL COSBY'S WIFE DEFENDS HIM AS 'KIND,' 'GENEROUS'
Camille Cosby also suggests that the embattled comedian rather than his female accusers is the real victim.
(Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)