Updated: 04/02/2014 4:59 PM
Just the Facts: Elizabeth Reed
• Position: Web Producer
• Year Hired at KOB Eyewitness News 4: June 2013
• First TV Appearance: When I was 12, a local news station came to film a block party in my neighborhood because "The Wiggles" were performing. I was caught on camera doing "The Elephant" dance!
• Other TV jobs/markets/stations: Two other NBC affiliates: WNWO-TV in Toledo, Ohio, and KOMU-TV in Columbia, Mo.
• Favorite News Story: An online piece I did about a little girl with a very rare disorder called FOP or Stone Man Syndrome. CNN picked up the story on their website and it went viral from there. The best part was hearing from the family--They thanked me for helping them raise awareness and tell Ali's story.
• Most Memorable Interview: I got chills when I interviewed the mother of a woman who was killed by her husband with an overdose of a prescription medication. I interviewed that woman once before for a different story, so hearing from her mother about the family's fight for justice left me in awe.
• First Reporting Story: I worked on many newspaper and online stories before I got into TV, but my first TV story was about a woman fighting to save a puppy mill dog with cancer.
• Why I'm A Journalist: I love to write and the adrenaline-pumping feeling I get during breaking news. The web and social media have revolutionized our way of thinking and our ability to communicate. I love being in the middle of it all.
• Most proud of: My family. We have gone through rough times and were able to make it to the other side thanks to a lot of determination and perseverance.
• Favorite thing about New Mexico: Getting to see my mom and sister often, the breathtaking landscape, New Mexico chile (Christmas, I can't choose sides!) and the unique culture.
• Hidden Talent: I played Clarinet for 7 years.
• Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are my "can't miss" shows right now.
• Dream Job: Senior web producer and multimedia journalist developing content for mobile platforms.
• Alma Mater: University of Missouri (MIZ!)
• Hometown: McKinney, Texas
• Favorite animal(s): Cats and manatees
• Kids: One day :)
• Pets: Two feisty Maine Coon cats named Oliver and Marbles. I adopted Marbles from Animal Humane NM!
• Spouse/S/O: My husband, Brian, and I got married in Santa Fe in September 2014
• Siblings: Younger sister currently in graduate school at New Mexico Tech
• Hobbies: I love to read and explore new places in Albuquerque
• Favorite Sports Team: Mizzou Tigers and the Dallas Cowboys
• Favorite Movie star: Jennifer Lawrence and Norman Reedus
• Favorite color: Red
• Favorite Author: Suzanne Collins, Stieg Larsson, J.D. Salinger, Kurt Vonnegut
• Favorite Destination: My lifelong dream has been to travel to Japan! I'm planning to go in 2015. Favorite places I've been: New Zealand, Hawaii, Puerto Rico
• Favorite Song: Hotel California - The Eagles
• Favorite quote: "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
• Favorite movie(s): Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Memoirs of a Geisha
• Favorite book(s): Hunger Games series, Millennium series (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), The Catcher in the Rye, Slaughterhouse-Five, Walk Two Moons