Advertisement

Request for recordings from Boyd shooting denied

Created: 04/04/2014 10:23 PM
By: Steve Mieczkowski, KOB.com

KOB Eyewitness News 4 has asked for as-of-yet unreleased recordings from the James Boyd shooting.

So far, we've seen the lapel camera video from Officer Dominic Perez, one of the two officers in the shooting.

However, on Wednesday, the city denied KOB's request for lapel camera and audio recordings from Officer Keith Sandy.

The city said the FBI wants to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Friday, the New Mexico State Police, also involved in the investigation, denied KOB's request.

State police said the FBI has specifically requested that evidence not be released.

Read the Department of Public Safety's letter to KOB.


KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement



Join Our Email List

Advertisement