Just the Facts: J.P.
• Position: sports director
• Year Hired at KOB Eyewitness News 4- 1996
• First TV Appearance: does trying out for Family Feud or being in the audience on the Price is Right count?
• Other TV jobs/markets/stations: KOBF in Farmington
• Favorite News Story: being at the finish line of the skeleton event during 2002 Winter Olympics and watching Tristin Gale win the gold (will this memory still count if they ever take skeleton out of the Olympics?)
• Most Memorable Interview: tie: Hall of Famers Jerry West, Tony Gwynn, Wayne Gretzky • First Reporting Story: vandalism at the Salmon Ruins in Farmington (it was a broken window).. I've come a long way!
• Why I'm A Journalist: When I came to realize my future as an NBA player was in doubt, I found a way to keep talking about sports.
• Most proud of: being a good father
• Favorite thing about New Mexico: the weather, outside of California you will NOT find better weather year round
• Talent: I've hit 2 holes in one, does that count?
• Dream Job: I'm doing it
• Favorite TV Show: tie: The Office, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm
• Favorite good causes: Red Cross, everyone should give blood if they can. It's easy… and they give you a cookie! Also Roadrunner Food Bank, it's a simple way to help others and no one should go hungry in this country.
• Alma Mater: Pepperdine University, go Waves!
• Hometown: Tustin, CA
• Height: taller than Spud Webb but shorter than Lee Faria
• Star Sign: wow!, I’m getting a star?
• Kids: Jordan and Jackson
• Spouse/S/O Tyra
• Siblings: 3, all sisters. Two older and one younger
• Hobbies: golfing, snowboarding, watching NFL football on Sundays
• Favorite Food: In & Out Burger, double double animal style
• Favorite Sports Team: tie: Lakers, Dodgers, Angels • Favorite Musician: with 5,000+ songs on the Ipod, it’s tough to pick one
• Favorite Author: Ben Mezrich
• Favorite Destination: the beach
• Favorite color: blue
• Favorite movie(s): The Godfather
• One thing my co-workers don't know about me is…I am learning how to play the piano (This is a very slow process and by play, I mean bang on the keys and sound comes out)