Links for water saving tips
Posted at: 06/26/2013 5:35 PM
Recommended water-saving actions include:
· Attend a DroughtSmart class and receive a $20 water bill credit. For the full schedule of upcoming classes, click here
· Get a high-efficiency toilet and receive a $150 per toilet rebate. For information, click here
· Replace old showerheads with WaterSense approved showerheads and receive a $10 credit. For more information, click here.
· Landscape with drought-tolerant plants and receive a $1.50 per square foot rebate. For information on the program, click here. There are other outdoor rebates for sprinkler systems and rain harvesting. For information, click here
· Use EPA WaterSense products in the kitchen and bathroom. For a list of products, click here
· Install a swamp cooler thermostat to monitor turning the swamp cooler on and off at pre-set temperature. Receive a $25 rebate for installing one. For more information, click here
· Install a water-saving washing machine, which saves up to 25 gallons per load, and receive a $100 rebate. For information, click here
· Take care of your trees – trees provide shade and other environmental benefits. Tree-bates of up to $100 are available for tree irrigation equipment, fertilization or professional tree care. For more information, click here
· Follow the Water by the Numbers watering restrictions. Water between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. and only three times per week during the summer.
· When doing laundry or dishes, be sure to run the appliances only with full loads.
· Don’t use your toilet as a trashcan.
For more information, go to itsadrought.com or call (505) 768-3655.