Cheaper tickets, easier parking promised for Burning of Zozobra
Posted at: 08/30/2013 10:19 AM
| Updated at: 08/30/2013 10:23 AM
By: Elizabeth Reed, KOB.com
SANTA FE -- The Kiwanis Club promises cheaper tickets and easier parking and transportation for this year's Burning of Zozobra.
Tickets to the event, which is scheduled for Sept. 5, have dropped from $20 to $10. Children under 10 can get in for free.
Parking will be a flat-fee of $5 at downtown facilities and the Railyard garage:
- Water Street Lot, located at 100 E. Water Street, surface lot includes 156 spaces. Get Directions
- Sandoval Garage, located at 216 W. San Francisco Street, multi-level aboveground parking garage includes 404 spaces. Get Directions
- Santa Fe Community Convention Center Garage, located at 119 S. Federal Place, bi-level underground garage features 522 spaces. Get Directions
- Archdiocese Lot, located at 251 E. Alameda Street, surface lot includes 174 spaces. This lot can accommodate RVs and buses for an additional fee. Get Directions
- Cathedral Lot, located at 215 Cathedral Place, surface lot features 172 spaces. Get Directions
Attendees who want to stretch their legs and don't mind parking a little farther from the Fort Marcy Park can park at the Rail Yard Garage, located at 503 Camino de la Familia.
Free shuttle and bus service will be available to take people to and from the parking lots and other locations.
Old Man Gloom will burn at Fort Marcy Park. The event takes place from 6 to 9 p.m.
Proceeds from the burning of Zozobra are returned to the community in the form of grants or scholarships.