Kidnapped boys returned to New Mexico
Posted at: 09/14/2013 10:10 AM
| Updated at: 09/14/2013 12:29 PM
By: Elizabeth Reed, KOB.com
RIO RANCHO -- Two boys kidnapped more than a year ago are back in New Mexico thanks to the work of the attorney general's office and the FBI.
On Friday, special agents returned from Costilla County in Colorado with the two boys, ages 6 and 8. The New Mexico Attorney General's Office said the boys' father, James Gonzales, took them from their Rio Rancho home last year.
"We are especially thankful that the boys are safe and unharmed," Attorney General Gary King said in a statement. "It's always gratifying when so many law enforcement agencies can work together for a success outcome."
Gonzales is now facing charges of kidnapping, aggravated battery and custodial interference.