Created: 07/07/2015 7:55 AM
By: By The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. GREEK PREMIER RACES TO RESTART TALKS AFTER VOTE WIN
Alexis Tsipras faces intense pressure from creditors abroad and banks at home who all demand what Greece lacks: money.
2. TALKS WITH IRAN CONTINUE PAST THEIR DEADLINE, AND AGREEMENT STILL SEEMS ELUSIVE
The delays are casting doubt on the ability of world powers to cut off all Iranian pathways to a bomb through diplomacy.
3. WHO COULD BENEFIT FROM COSBY'S DRUGS-SEX ADMISSION
Defamation claims lodged by his accusers could be bolstered, lawyers say, after it emerges the comedian admitted, in a 2005 deposition the AP went to court to get released, that he obtained Quaaludes to give young women for sex.
4. WHAT POPE PLANS TO DO ON FINAL ECUADOR DAY
The pontiff's agenda features a Mass in the capital sandwiched between meetings with bishops, indigenous groups and students and a visit to a Jesuit church.
5. WHY ISRAEL IS ALARMED OVER ACTIVISTS
The BDS movement, calling for a global boycott campaign against the Jewish state, is gaining momentum and has been identified by the country as a threat on a par with the Iranian nuclear program.
6. SOUTH CAROLINA MOVES TO PULL DOWN CONFEDERATE FLAG
The state Senate votes to remove the divisive banner from the Capitol grounds. Now it's up the House to consider the matter.
7. ICE CAVES IN NORTHWEST ARE POPULAR WITH HIKERS, BUT CAN BE DANGEROUS
A string of them northeast of Seattle partially collapsed, killing one person and leaving at least four other injured.
8. BATTLE FOR CONTROL OF BREAST MILK INDUSTRY
States are now seeking to regulate it amid a struggle for control between nonprofit and for-profit banks that supply hospital neonatal units.
9. WORLD'S OLDEST MAN DIES
Sakari Momoi, a retired educator from Japan, passes away from kidney failure at the age of 112.
10. FANS PREPARING FOR TESTY ENCOUNTER IN WIMBLEDON QUARTERFINALS
Serena Williams takes on Victoria Azarenka again, hoping to keep up her dominance against a player she considers a friend off the court.
(Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)