Firefighters save 3 dogs inside home during chimney fire

Updated: 01/03/2014 1:04 PM | Created: 01/03/2014 8:49 AM
By: Elizabeth Reed,

Firefighters put out a chimney fire at a southwest Albuquerque home early Friday.

The fire was reported at 205 Dolores SW just before 7 a.m. AFD crews contained the flames to the chimney and surrounding walls. Department spokeswoman Melissa Romero said three dogs inside the house were saved from smoke inhalation thanks to the quick actions of the firefighters.

The house sitters safely evacuated without injury.

AFD reminds residents to have chimneys inspected annually by certified technicians.

KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Join Our Email List