Advertisement

Cigarette sparks fire at Rio Rancho apartment

Updated: 02/13/2014 1:24 PM | Created: 02/13/2014 1:10 PM
By: Elizabeth Reed, KOB.com

Rio Rancho fire officials say a cigarette sparked a fire that destroyed an apartment on Wednesday night.

The incident took place at the Vista Grande Apartments near Southern and Rio Rancho Boulevard.

According to the fire department, a woman called 911 to report her mattress caught fire. She tried to stop the fire from spreading, but was forced to evacuate.

When they arrived at the scene, fire crews reported heavy smoke coming from the unit

Investigators said the damage was contained to the unit and no one was injured.


KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.



Join Our Email List

Advertisement

Advertisement