Advertisement

Albuquerque reports brief website 'disruption'

Created: 03/30/2014 12:06 PM
By: Mike Anderson, KOB Eyewitness News 4

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Albuquerque officials say the city has experienced a "temporary, brief disruption" to the city website as a technology team prepares for possible cyber-attacks.
    
City spokeswoman Erin Thompson said late Saturday officials haven't determined the cause of the disruption but a team is monitoring the city's websites.
    
A group reported to be the international cyber-activist hackers Anonymous last week posted a YouTube video threatening a cyberattack against the city Sunday over a police shooting earlier this month that left a homeless man dead.

The shooting, which was caught out video and sparked a federal investigation, has garnered protests and calls for more reforms within the Albuquerque Police Department.
    
Chief Administrative Officer Rob Perry said officials were taking the threat seriously and have put in place various security measures.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
 


KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Join Our Email List



Advertisement

Advertisement