Created: 05/02/2014 11:17 AM
Know the Warning Signs
Breast cancer can be detected early but you need to know the warning signs.
Be on the lookout for changes such as:
• A lump or thickening in or near the breast
• A lump that may feel like a small pea
• A change in the size or shape of your breast
• Nipple discharge
• A change in the skin on the breast or nipple
• Redness on the breast or nipple
If you notice any of these changes see your provider or doctor.
The Lovelace Breast Care Center at Lovelace Women’s Hospital offers comprehensive care – from early detection to treatment and aftercare – in one convenient location. Our team of breast health professionals will help you assess your risk of developing breast cancer, guide you through mammograms and clinical exams and teach you the proper method of breast self-examination. We also offer counseling, education and support programs.
For more information or to schedule a clinical breast exam or mammogram, call 505.727.6900 or visit lovelace.com.