Created: 05/08/2014 11:54 AM
By: Elizabeth Reed, KOB.com
Smoke spotted in the Presbyterian Medical Group clinic on Montgomery Boulevard NE forced an evacuation of the building on Thursday morning.
The Albuquerque Fire Department determined the source of the smoke came from a malfunctioning belt on a heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit.
The clinic will remain closed for the day to allow time for minor repairs and to clear smoke from the building.
No patients were inside the clinic at the time of the incident. Presbyterian Medical Group says patients will be contacted today to reschedule appointments scheduled.