Advertisement

Ford injury to halt 'Star Wars' for 2 weeks

Created: 07/06/2014 3:27 PM
By: APNewsNow, Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


KOB welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement



Join Our Email List

Advertisement