Updated: 07/23/2014 1:23 PM |
Created: 07/23/2014 1:21 PM
By: Elizabeth Reed, KOB.com
Albuquerque police have released a 911 call made after three teens allegedly attacked and killed two homeless men early Saturday.
A woman told the dispatcher she had been instructed to call for help after two bodies were found in the lot near 60th Street and Central.
"We had a couple gentlemen come across the street and tell us they had two dead bodies there," she told the dispatcher.
The men killed in the attack have been identified by the Albuquerque Indian Center as Allison Gorman and Kee Thompson.
The three teenage Albuquerque teens accused in the attack, 18-year-old Alex Rios, 16-year-old Nathaniel Carrillo and 15-year-old Gilbert Tafoya, made their first court appearances on Monday and remain behind bars on $5 million cash/surety bonds.
According to court documents, the teens may not be strangers to this type of violence. One of the suspects admitted to attacking at least 50 homeless people around the metro in the past few months.
Homeless people in the community said they recognized their faces. One man told KOB the teens beat him while he was sleeping behind a dumpster.
"I had to run for my life cause nobody else would save me. Why would they do that to us?" the man said.
APD is investigating whether they can connect the teens to any other attacks. Anyone with information can file a report anonymously through Crime Stoppers by calling (505)-843-7867.