2018 KOB 4 Pull Together Health & Wellness Fair
Healthy Advice from more than 200 Wellness Experts For Every Part of Your Life
Saturday, January 27, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday, January 28, Noon - 4 p.m.
Lujan Exhibit Hall - EXPO New Mexico (State Fairgrounds)
300 San Pedro NE, Albuquerque, NM
Admission: Adults $5.00
Children 12 and under are Free
*Note: Expo New Mexico charges $5.00 for parking
Don't miss the largest and most comprehensive Health Fair in New Mexico!
- Am I Eligible? Get Connected to FREE Services
- Child Care Financial Assistance
- Home Visiting
- Summer Food
- Head Start & More
- Career Info: Get Job Search Help
Want to Help?
- Get Involved: Find out how YOU can help NM Kids
- UNM College of Pharmacy/College of Nursing:
- FREE Blood Pressure & BMI Readings
- FREE Fall Risk Assessments
- Plus Info On: Nutrition, Immunisations, Opiod Addiction and Safe Medication Use
- UNMH Offsite Rehabilitation:
- FREE Grip Strength & Balance Assessment
- Plus meet with other departments: UNMH Center for Diabetes and Nutrition Education, UNM Health Sciences Center Library and Informatics Center, UNMH Intermediate Care Nursery, New Mexico Donor Services, Sandoval Regional Medical Center, UNMH Trauma Surgical Intensive Care Unit, UNMH Emergency Department, Lifeguard, UNMH Maturity & Family Planning
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Tests for low & excessive functioning of the thyroid.
Why Get Tested: An excess or deficiency of this hormone can affect energy levels, mood, and many functions
- Cholesterol: Tests cholesterol levels: 8 Hour Fast Recommended
Why Get Tested: High cholesterol may put you at risk for heart disease or stroke. Decreased levels can indicate malnutrition, intestinal malnutrition, intestinal malabsorption, hyperthyroidism, chronic anemia, liver disease or other medical conditions.
- Prostate (PSA): $8.00
- Measures PSA Levels
- Why Get Tested: Prostate cancer is among the most common cancers among men. PSA levels may assist in early detection of cancer
- Cardio IQ Lipid: $9.00 : 8 Hour Fast Recommended
- Measures total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol), HDL cholesterol (“good” cholesterol), and triglycerides.
- Why Get Tested: Low LDL and a high HDL work together to protect against heart attack and stroke. High triglycerides increase risk for heart attack, stroke and diabetes
- Cardio IQ HgBA1C Lipid: $8.00: 8 Hour Fast Recommended
- Measures average blood sugar levels over the past 90 days
- Why Get Tested: High levels can indicate pre-diabetes or diabetes
- ION Mobility: $25.00
- Measures the size and number of the particles in your blood that make up your lipids
- Why Get Tested: Information helps your doctor understand your risk and how to manage it with diet, exercise and possibly medication
- Cardio IQ Vitamin D: $21.00
- Measures 25-OH vitamin D activity in patients not suffering from renal disease
- Why Get Tested: Lower than normal vitamin D levels can mean a dietary deficiency, poor absorption of the vitamin or impaired metabolism of the sterol in the liver.
- FREE Chair Massage
- FREE Back Pain Check-Ups
- FREE Gait Analysis (Bring your running shoes)
- FREE 15 Minute Seminars Every Hour
- Homecare & Hospice: What Medicare Covers
- PLUS, Expert advice on Homecare & Hospice for you and your family.
No-Cost Flu Shots
- NM Department of Health
- Ages 3 & Up
- No-Cost (while supplies last)
Click here to find information on flu in New Mexico.
HALL C: Fun for the WHOLE Family!
Luttrell/Yee MMM: Demos for you and your kids!
- FREE Fitness Demos EVERY Hour
- Demo Schedule:
- 11AM: Kids Demonstration
- 12PM: MMA Demonstration
- 1PM: Women's Self Defense
- 2PM: Kids Demonstration
- 3PM: MMA Demonstration
- 1PM: Kids Demonstration
- 2PM: MMA Demonstration
- 3PM: Women's Self Defense
AFD Calendar Crew
- Meet AFD Men & Women Calendar Crew
- Buy a dicounted calendar and get autographs
- Take home a FREE photo with the crew
- Pet Adoptions
- Dog Training Demos
- Vaulting Demos
Copyright 2018 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved