Crews repair gas leak in NE Albuquerque
August 14, 2019 06:37 AM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Montgomery Boulevard was reopened overnight between Carlisle and Washington after crews repaired a gas leak.
Authorities say a utility company hit the gas line Tuesday morning.
No one was injured, but some people were forced to stay inside their home and others weren't allowed to get to their apartment.
"There were several apartment complexes that the residents were advised to shelter in place and along with that, there were several residents that weren’t allowed to go into their apartments," said Albuquerque Fire Rescue spokesperson Tom Ruiz.
As of Wednesday morning, crews still needed to repair the road at Montgomery and Morningside.
Updated: August 14, 2019 06:37 AM
Created: August 13, 2019 08:21 PM
Copyright 2019 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved