Heating, plumbing company gives tips on winter maintenance
January 03, 2019 06:17 PM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Frigid temperatures have brought a busy week for heating and plumbing companies.
"We run into these issues,” said Sky Swanson a manager at TLC heating and plumbing.
Swanson said that this time of year, heating and plumbing problems are often intertwined.
"This time of year, we're going to have a lot of heating calls coming in, a lot of furnaces going down, which will, unfortunately, lead to a lot of frozen pipes,” he said.
Last week TLC was inundated with calls. Today, they are still responding to frozen pipe calls.
He said there a few easy things you can do to protect your home this winter season:
- Check the batteries on digital thermostats.
- Disconnect hoses from outdoor spigots.
- Drip water out of hot and cold lines in indoor faucets.
- Keep house temperatures high consistently throughout the day.
- Open cupboard doors to increase heat circulation to pipes.
Swanson said it will cost less to fix a broken pipe today, then try and addressing water damage later.
Updated: January 03, 2019 06:17 PM
Created: January 03, 2019 05:01 PM
Copyright 2019 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved