Holiday recipes with Bueno Foods
December 12, 2017 08:27 AM
Bueno Foods was in the KOB Studios Tuesday morning to share some delicious holiday recipes. Celebration Enchiladas were on the menu with some history behind them and of course, traditional red chile Posole.
- 7 BUENO® Chile Pods (stems & seeds removed pods rinsed)
- 6 small pigs’ feet
- 6 qts. water
- 1 lb. lean pork meat bite-sized
- 1 2 lb. pkg. BUENO® Posole
- 2 medium onions diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1½ Tbsp. salt
- 1 14 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Red Chile
- Place chile pods, pigs’ feet and 3 qts. of water in an extra large (12 qt.) pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 1 hour over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add pork and stew meat (including bones if any), posole and 3 more qts. water to pot. Bring to a slow boil. Cover and cook for 30 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a slow boil. Cover and cook for 1 hour over low to medium heat, allowing flavors to blend.
- 1 28 oz. BUENO® Frozen Autumn Roast® Green Chile Sauce or 2 – 16 oz. jars BUENO® Flame Roasted Green Chile Sauce
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 dozen BUENO® Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat green chile sauce according to instructions on container. Remove from heat.
- Sauté onion.
- Dip one tortilla in warm sauce, remove, and place into small casserole dish.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. sauce, 2 Tbsp. cheese and 1 Tbsp. onion over tortilla.
- Repeat steps 2 through 3 until all 12 tortillas are used.
- Sprinkle remaining onion and cheese over last tortilla.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Allow stack to cool slightly before cutting.
- Use remaining chile sauce to drizzle over top of each serving.
- Garnish liberally with shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Pinto beans optional.
Updated: December 12, 2017 08:27 AM
Created: December 12, 2017 06:47 AM
Copyright 2017 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved