Police arrest man previously released after July shooting | KOB 4
Advertisement

Police arrest man previously released after July shooting

KOB.com Web Staff
September 23, 2018 12:12 PM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Police say they have arrested an 18-year-old in an east Albuquerque shooting that sent a victim to the hospital with serious injuries. 

Advertisement

Mariano Gallegos shot the victim at a home near San Mateo and Central Thursday evening. The victim left the scene in his car, winding up in the parking lot of a nearby McDonald's, where a bystander called 911.

According to court documents, Gallegos was out of jail and awaiting trial for a different shooting from July. On Sunday, a representative from the Bernalillo County District Attorney's Office said they had asked a judge to hold Gallegos after that shooting, "as he clearly represents a danger to our community."

"Now, within weeks of his release, Gallegos has escalated his level of violence shooting a second victim twice, leaving him clinging to life in a local hospital," said Michael Patrick, communications director for the DA's office. 

Patrick added that Gallegos was released partially due to a lack of criminal history prior to the July shooting. 

Credits

KOB.com Web Staff

Copyright 2018 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Comment on Facebook

Share 4 - News Tips - Photos - Videos
  Share a News Tip, Story Idea, Photo, Video



Advertisement

Relay Media Amp

Advertisement

Advertisement




Fundraiser held to help cancer patient celebrate Christmas

City program offers bicycle safety course, free bikes for kids

Chevel Shepherd needs New Mexico to stream her music on iTunes

Attorneys: Migrant girl did not suffer from lack of food and water

Utah State Aggies win New Mexico Bowl