Texas Roadhouse hoping to reopen Monday after weekend fire
October 14, 2018 04:21 PM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – A popular restaurant caught fire Saturday evening in northeast Albuquerque, with thick smoke and flames emerging from the roof of the Texas Roadhouse from the highway.
Texas Roadhouse Managing Partner Keith Bollinger said while the fire looked large, the resulting damage was minimal. Crews have since been working hard to get it re-opened as soon as possible.
"Today we are just doing some cleanup," Bollinger said Sunday morning. "We're working today to make sure everybody has their hours to make sure no one loses their income."
Bollinger and his Texas Roadhouse staff worked late into the night cleaning, just to come back in before sunrise to get the restaurant back open.
"It looked bad, but it was contained to our hood system and it didn't spread to anything else," he said. "So nothing else was damaged."
Albuquerque Fire Rescue responded within three minutes and said the cause was a grease fire in the ventilation system. Firefighters successfully stopped the fire from spreading into the dining area.
However, customers were evacuated and told to leave their plates behind.
"They love (the food) so much it was hard getting people out, because they were like, 'I just got my steak!'" Bollinger said, laughing.
AFR officials say everyone was able to get out safely, and no one was injured.
Restaurant staff also say they are utilizing their location at the Cottonwood Mall to make sure employees get their allotted hours.
Updated: October 14, 2018 04:21 PM
Created: October 14, 2018 12:47 PM
Copyright 2018 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved