Going out for Thanksgiving shopping? Find out what's open here
KOB.com Web Staff
November 23, 2017 03:17 PM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – For Thanksgiving shoppers, options are plentiful.
Kmart hoped to attract early birds with pre-Black Friday shopping starting at 6 a.m. Dollar General stores opened an hour later at 7 a.m. JC Penney opened its doors at 2 p.m., one hour earlier than last year.
Game Stop opens at 4 p.m. while Best Buy, Toys R Us, Kohl’s and Macy’s will get started at 5 p.m.
Thanksgiving shopping deals begin at 6 p.m. at Target and Walmart.
You can do a lot of shopping at the mall. Coronado Center will have many shops open starting at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Kohl's, Macy's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sephora and Sears will stay open until at least midnight. Stores closed Thursday but open Friday at 6 a.m. include H&M, Barnes & Noble and the Container Store.
Many stores at Cottonwood Mall also open at 6 p.m. until midnight and then reopen again at 6 a.m.
Uptown is closed on Thanksgiving, but all the stores like Apple, Banana Republic, Gap, J Crew and The North Face open Friday at 6 a.m.
To help ease the pain for those traveling on New Mexico’s roads and through the Albuquerque Sunport, we’ve compiled some helpful links.
- New Mexico weather: http://www.kob.com/weather/
- Sunport arrivals/departures: https://abqsunport.com/flightsairlines/arrivaldepartures/
- New Mexico traffic maps and cameras: http://www.kob.com/traffic/
- Information on New Mexico road closures: http://www.nmroads.com/mapIndex.html
- Information on Colorado road closures: http://www.cotrip.org/map.htm#/roadWork
- Information on Arizona road closures: http://www.az511.gov/traffic/
- Information on Texas road closures: https://drivetexas.org/#/7/32.340/-99.500?future=false
Officials also released their holiday public transportation schedules.
NM Rail Runner Express/Rio Metro Buses
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 23: No Rail Runner or Rio Metro bus service.
- Day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 24: Rail Runner on a Sunday schedule; no Rio Metro bus service
- North Central Regional Transit District: No service on Thanksgiving Day or Friday after, except for the Mountain Trail Bus.
- New Mexico Park & Ride: No service on Thanksgiving Day or Friday after
- Santa Fe Trails: No service on Thanksgiving Day. Saturday service on Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- ABQ RIDE: No service on Thanksgiving Day. Saturday service on the day after Thanksgiving.
Go to www.riometro.org for the train schedule.
Don't forget most government services are not available on Thanksgiving. In Albuquerque, that includes trash and recycling pickup. This week, normal Thursday and Friday garbage pickup are being pushed back by one day.
KOB.com Web Staff
Updated: November 23, 2017 03:17 PM
Created: November 22, 2017 01:02 PM
Copyright 2017 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved