Compressor explodes in Albuquerque grocery store; 2 injured
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Two employees of an Albuquerque grocery store have been injured after a compressor exploded, authorities said Thursday.
City fire officials said two heating, ventilation and air conditioning specialists were working on the store’s HVAC system Thursday morning and it was unclear why the compressor exploded.
Officials said the two employees were taken to a hospital for treatment of burns and blast injuries.
Their names and medical conditions weren’t immediately released.
Fire officials said no toxic gas was released into the air from the explosion.
Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.