Durango family forced to live in hotel after mobile home burns

[anvplayer video=”5004467″ station=”998127″]

DURANGO, CO- A family is trying to pick up the pieces after their home in Durango burned down.

"I went and grabbed my fire extinguisher thinking maybe it was like the stove or something little, and I grabbed it and I took off running over to the trailer, and yeah there was nothing I could do," said Victoria Varela, who owned the mobile home. "I couldn’t even get close to it, the flames were already coming out the window"

No one was injured, but the home, occupied by Varela’s parents, was destroyed.

"They lost everything," Varela said. "The trailer is pretty much gone."

In addition to Varela’s parents, their grandchildren were also living in the mobile home.

The community has been donated clothes, blankets and toys to the family, which is now living in a hotel.

Click here for information about how to help the family