New Mexico reports 2 new deaths, 273 additional COVID-19 cases
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) reported two additional COVID-19-related deaths Thursday.
The latest deaths include:
- A man in his 50s from Eddy County.
- A woman in her 60s from Eddy County. The individual had underlying conditions.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now 4,394.
In addition to the deaths, the state reported 273 additional COVID-19 cases. As of Thursday, New Mexico has reported a total of 208,243 cases.
The latest cases include:
- 71 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 10 new cases in Chaves County
- 2 new cases in Cibola County
- 7 new cases in Curry County
- 10 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 13 new cases in Eddy County
- 3 new cases in Grant County
- 8 new cases in Hidalgo County
- 13 new cases in Lea County
- 9 new cases in Lincoln County
- 3 new cases in Luna County
- 4 new cases in McKinley County
- 21 new cases in Otero County
- 1 new case in Quay County
- 4 new cases in Rio Arriba County
- 2 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 10 new cases in Sandoval County
- 14 new cases in San Juan County
- 12 new cases in San Miguel County
- 10 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 1 new case in Sierra County
- 2 new cases in Socorro County
- 6 new cases in Taos County
- 1 new case in Torrance County
- 14 new cases in Valencia County
- 16 new cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the Otero County Processing Center
- 6 new cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the Torrance County Detention Facility
The state reported that 98 individuals are currently being hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19.
As of Thursday, there are 196,373 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the NMDOH.