Connie Mack World Series to return to Farmington | KOB 4

Connie Mack World Series to return to Farmington

Diana Castillo
Updated: June 14, 2021 06:09 PM
Created: June 14, 2021 05:52 PM

FARMINGTON, N.M - The home runs, food, and cheering fans are set to make a comeback with the return of the Connie Mack World Series next month. 

“We're excited. Gee, the players are excited, the coaches are fired up. In my 12 years of being involved in this tournament, this year has more energy surrounding it than any other year so far," said Tyson Snyder, president and  general chairman of the Connie Mack World Series.

The series was canceled last year due to the pandemic, but this year tournament officials have stepped up to the plate to make it happen. Snyder said they hope to come back in full swing. 

“We are planning to have the tournament at 100 percent," he said. "I just saw the health department's website, and it said 57.6% of 16-year-olds or older New Mexicans have been vaccinated, so that's very encouraging for us."

The state needs to reach a minimum 60 percent vaccination rate in order to have events at full capacity. If the goal is not met, the tournament will be held at 75 percent capacity.

The parade that takes place before the tournament will also make a return this year. 

“We’re going to try something a little different. The players are actually gonna walk the route of the parade. They will interact with the fans, take some pictures, give some baseballs, some candy to the little kids, and really make it more of an interactive event," Snyder added

Whether it be 75 percent or 100 percent capacity, tournament officials said they're excited to bring some life back to Ricketts Park.


Copyright 2021 - KOB-TV LLC, A Hubbard Broadcasting Company