Las Cruces Diocese sued in alleged Hobbs sexual abuse case | KOB 4
Advertisement

Las Cruces Diocese sued in alleged Hobbs sexual abuse case

Las Cruces Diocese sued in alleged Hobbs sexual abuse case

The Associated Press
February 11, 2018 12:34 PM

HOBBS, N.M. (AP) - The Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Cruces is facing a lawsuit by the alleged sexual abuse victim of former southeastern New Mexico pastor who is facing criminal charges.

Advertisement

The Hobbs News-Sun reports a 10-page lawsuit filed last week against the diocese and St. Helena Parish in Hobbs, New Mexico, says the diocese facilitated sexual battery and assisted Rev. Ricardo Bauza in evading authorities.

According to a 15-page criminal complaint filed in November, Bauza got into a shower with an adult male, and washed the victim's body with a loofah in the church rectory.

Hobbs Police Chief Chris McCall says Bauza has not been arrested on the warrant, which remains outstanding.

Fr. Enrique Lopez is chancellor of the Diocese of Las Cruces.

He says the diocese couldn't comment on pending litigation.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Credits

The Associated Press

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement



Advertisement

Relay Media Amp

Advertisement

Advertisement



Person of interest in ABQ double homicide dies, Colorado police say

APD takes EPIC ethics training with New Orleans police

AG talks about Rep. Youngblood’s arrest review

Woman accused of leaving dogs to die back in custody

Governor candidate Q&A: Steve Pearce