New Mexico man accused in deadly shooting released from jail | KOB 4
Advertisement

New Mexico man accused in deadly shooting released from jail

The Associated Press
April 09, 2019 02:54 PM

FARMINGTON, N.M. (AP) - A New Mexico judge has ordered a man who is charged in a deadly shooting to be released from jail after finding that prosecutors did not meet the burden of proof to hold him without bond.

Advertisement

The Farmington Daily Times reports 18-year-old Isiah Ontiveros has been charged with first-degree murder and tampering with evidence in the death of 31-year-old Nathaniel Tracy.

Court documents on the case were recently unsealed following Ontiveros' release late last month.

According to the documents, a detective says Ontiveros shot Tracy during a fight in Farmington on March 5.

His public defender, Shellie Patscheck, says the only evidence against her client is a witness statement, which the judge determined not to be credible.

Ontiveros' preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 29.

Credits

The Associated Press

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Comment on Facebook

Share 4 - News Tips - Photos - Videos
  Share a News Tip, Story Idea, Photo, Video



Advertisement

Relay Media Amp

Advertisement

Advertisement




Men killed in bus crash identified

Reporting illegal fireworks? There's an app for that

Complaint: Double homicide suspect arrested in El Paso

Pine Lodge Fire nears 8,000 acres

US in the World Cup quarterfinals after 2-1 win over Spain