New Mexico man dies from freak accident | KOB 4
Advertisement

New Mexico man dies from freak accident

Joy Wang
November 23, 2018 06:52 PM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.— A New Mexico man died in a freak accident while making Christmas gifts.

Advertisement

“Every year we make Christmas presents together. We've done magnets, we've just done random Christmas presents because there were times we just didn't have money to buy them for everybody,” said Natascha Leyba, whose husband, Ryan, died while burning wood with electricity.

Leyba said the electricity burns a design in the wood. They had planned to put epoxy on the wood pieces and give them to friends and family.

But while making the projects outside, Natascha said her husband’s finger slipped and he “hit the metal of the electric circuit.”

“They said that the electricity just went from finger to finger and it went through his heart, but he couldn't, they couldn't restart it,” Natascha said.

Natascha is now forced to raise their three children, ages 5, 8 and 9, by herself.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help Natascha and her family. You can donate by clicking on this link.

Credits

Joy Wang

Copyright 2019 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Comment on Facebook

Share 4 - News Tips - Photos - Videos
  Share a News Tip, Story Idea, Photo, Video



Advertisement

Relay Media Amp

Advertisement

Advertisement



Woman found shot in car in NE Albuquerque

4 Investigates: Lawsuit alleges MDC creates unsafe environment for female inmates

APD holds training to prevent workplace violence

Governor declares Oct. 18 National Missing Persons Awareness Day

Stray bullets damage multiple properties in Belen