2 inn workers eat pot-laced candy left by guests, get sick | KOB 4
Advertisement

2 inn workers eat pot-laced candy left by guests, get sick

June 14, 2018 10:22 AM

SHELBURNE, Vt. (AP) — Police say two employees of an inn at a popular Vermont tourist destination ate marijuana-laced chocolate left behind by guests and got sick.

Advertisement

Shelburne Police were called to the Inn at Shelburne Farms on Wednesday after receiving a report an employee felt ill and was lying in the parking lot.

The two employees were taken to the hospital and have since been released.

The inn's spokeswoman says that any food left behind is not to be consumed by staff and that the inn's training programs will be reviewed with employees. Police are asking that people who possess edibles keep them secure.

The edibles in this case resembled malted milk balls.

No charges will be filed against the guests.

Recreational use of marijuana will become legal in Vermont on July 1.

Credits

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Comment on Facebook

Share 4 - News Tips - Photos - Videos
  Share a News Tip, Story Idea, Photo, Video



Advertisement

Relay Media Amp

Advertisement

Advertisement



Albuquerque rally demands family reunification at border

Pilot involved in Navy aircraft crash dies

SCOTUS rules for privacy when it comes to police searching phone records

Group trying to stall rising number of pedestrian deaths

416 Fire at nearly 34,400 acres as dry and hot conditions persist