Caught on camera: Dog goes for pancakes on stove, sparks fire | KOB 4
Advertisement

Caught on camera: Dog goes for pancakes on stove, sparks fire

NBC News
February 06, 2018 10:40 AM

SOUTHWICK, Mass. - (NBC News) A dog stealing pancakes off of the stove started a fire in a Massachusetts home.

Advertisement

In a video posted on Southwick Fire's Facebook page, a dog is shown trying to steal some pancakes on top of the stove and accidentally turns on the gas stove while the owners were not home.

A few minutes later, something ignites on the stove and and smoke fills the room, triggering the fire alarm. 

Two golden retrievers are then seen lounging on the couch while the stove becomes ablaze behind them.

Luckily, the alarm system alerted emergency responders who arrived at the house in time to contain the flames. 

The fire department warned people with pets or young children to look into safety covers for their stove controls.

Read more: http://bit.ly/2sdKQ1u

Credits

NBC News

Copyright 2018 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement



Advertisement

Relay Media Amp

Advertisement

Advertisement



Video: Rep. Monica Youngblood insists she didn’t consume alcohol

Poll paints grim picture of ER disaster preparedness

Ceremony honors lives lost during Vietnam ambush

Trump seethes over Russia probe, calls for end to 'SPYGATE'

Albuquerque police officers to get pay increase