Full list: 16 NM airports getting improvements
June 08, 2019 01:23 PM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — 16 New Mexico airports are going to get a some much needed facelifts thanks to the FAA.
They have been awarded over $13 million in federal funding for construction and maintenance projects at those airports.
- Doña Ana County International Jetport, Santa Teresa, NM – $4,914,603 to reconstruct 8,500 feet of the existing Runway 10/28 pavement
- Four Corners Regional Airport, Farmington, NM — $3,450,000 to improve the Runway 5/23 safety area and the Runway 7/25 safety area in order to enhance the safety of airport operations
- Lea County Regional Airport, Hobbs, NM — $1,998,315 to improve the Runway 21 safety area to enhance the safety of operations
- Cavern City Air Terminal Airport, Carlsbad, NM – $798,000 to reconstruct 2,500 feet of the existing Taxiway B pavement
- Aztec Municipal Airport, Aztec, NM — $625,234 to install a new Runway 8 and new Runway 26 vertical/visual guidance system to make the airport more accessible and meet Federal Aviation Administration standards
- Deming Municipal Airport, Deming, NM – $416,700 to rehabilitate 5,675 feet of Runway 4/22 to maintain the structural integrity of the pavement and to minimize foreign object debris
- Andrew Othole Memorial Airport, Zuni, NM – $294,753 to conduct a master plan study to show current and future needs of the airport
- Angel Fire Airport, Angel Fire, NM — $265,734 to rehabilitate 8,800 feet of the existing Taxiway A in order to maintain the structural integrity of the pavement
- Taos Regional Airport, Taos, NM — $250,000 to reconstruct 5,000 feet of the existing Taxiway A pavement
- Hatch Municipal Airport, Hatch, NM — $149,400 to rehabilitate 4,100 feet of Runway 11/29 in order to maintain the structural integrity of the pavement and minimize debris
- Clayton Municipal Airpark Airport, Clayton, NM – $150,000 to rehabilitate approximately 7,500 feet of the existing parallel Taxiway A pavement
- Socorro Municipal Airport, Socorro, NM — $150,000 to acquire a vacuum sweeper to remove airfield foreign object debris from pavement surfaces and reduce safety hazards
- Grants-Milan Municipal Airport, Grants, NM — $126,000 to reconstruct 1,680 feet of the existing Taxiway A connector pavement
- Vaughn Municipal Airport, Vaughn, NM – $117,450 to rehabilitate 12,000 square yards of the existing East apron to maintain the structural integrity of the pavement and rehabilitate 1,600 feet of the existing partial parallel Taxiway needed to maintain the structural integrity of the pavement
- Carrizozo Municipal Airport, Carrizozo, NM — $54,000 to reconstruct 6,000 square yards of the existing South apron pavement
- Grant County Airport, Silver City, NM – $50,000 to reconstruct 22,600 square yards of the existing terminal and general aviation apron pavements.
Updated: June 08, 2019 01:23 PM
Created: June 07, 2019 04:12 PM
Copyright 2019 KOB-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved