Officials: Chemical mixture applied by a second employee | KOB 4
Advertisement

Officials: Chemical mixture applied by a second employee


Updated: November 08, 2019 10:01 PM
Created: November 08, 2019 04:32 PM

BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts authorities say the chemical mixture that resulted in the death of a Buffalo Wild Wings employee was applied by another employee.

Burlington fire officials' preliminary investigation Friday shows that 32-year-old Ryan Baldera was overcome by the fumes after a second employee combined two cleaning agents to the restaurant's kitchen floor while attempting to clean it.

Advertisement

Baldera, the general manager, died after being rushed to a hospital Thursday night.

At least 13 people were hospitalized and have since been released.

Authorities say the Lawrence resident was married and had an infant son.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is "shocked and saddened" and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.


(Copyright 2019 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement


District court judge orders BCSO to comply with public records request

Charges dropped against teacher assistant accused of molesting students

Foster families struggle to get reimbursed by CYFD

Lawmakers start preliminary talks with NM United officials about new stadium

Business owners desperate to identify arsonists