AFR believes bosque fire was man-made, possibly intentional
[anvplayer video=”5038905″ station=”998127″]
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A fire was started in Albuquerque’s bosque Tuesday morning.
Multiple units responded to the fire near Bridge Boulevard. Albuquerque Fire Rescue spokesman Tom Ruiz said the fire was 100% contained by 10:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Ruiz said there were multiple ignition sources, leading them to believe the fire was man-made and possibly intentional.
There have now been 13 reported fires in Albuquerque open spaces so far this year – that’s more than all of 2020.
The majority of the fires have been in the bosque but a few have been in the foothills and West Mesa.