Wildfire preparedness »
Federal, state and local agencies have collaborated to put together this Ready, Set Go! action guide that outlines all what is needed to protect you and your property from wildfires.
Do you live in or near a natural area of forest or grassland? Here's how to protect your home from wildfire.
The New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management’s Preparedness Guide is a good resource for items to include.
Preventing human-caused wildfires is a shared responsibility for all New Mexicans and visitors to our state. Here are some simple fire prevention tips.
The 6 Ps checklist:
- People & pets
- Papers, phone numbers & important documents
- Prescriptions, vitamins and eyeglasses
- Pictures and irreplaceable memorabilia
- Personal computer hard drive & disks
- “Plastic” (credit cards, ATM cards) & cash
Experiencing a destructive wildfire can be devastating. This guide was written to help New Mexico communities recover after wildfire.