APS to begin hybrid model when Bernalillo County is in Green
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- The Albuquerque Public School Board of Education voted Wednesday to move forward with hybrid learning after Bernalillo County reaches the Green level of restrictions.
Once in green, teachers would have a week to prepare their classrooms. Then, students, K through 12, would be allowed to return to the school.
"Being Green means the following two things have to happen: We have to have a percentage of positive test cases less than 5% for that two weeks, and we have to have a count of cases per 100,000 population 8 or less for that two weeks," said Dr. David Peercy, president of the school board.
- Students would return two days a week.
- Students with last names A-I would go to class Monday and Tuesday.
- Wednesday would be remote.
- Thursday and Friday would be for students with last names beginning with M through Z.
- Hybrid model would be a digital curriculum.