Health alert issued for Albuquerque due to blowing dust
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Air Quality Program issued a health alert Friday due to dust.
Officials said individuals with respiratory conditions in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County should limit their outdoor activity.
The alert will expire on Saturday, Jan. 21 at 8 a.m.
Steps that you can take during health alerts:
- Limit your time spent outdoors and avoid outdoor exercise.
- Schools and senior citizen facilities may want to provide indoor activities to minimize exposure to elevated outdoor particulate levels.
- Keep windows and doors closed. If needed for comfort, use air conditioners or heating systems on recycle/recirculation mode.
- If symptoms of heart or lung disease occur, (including shortness of breath, chest tightness, chest pain, palpitations or unusual fatigue) contact your health care provider.
- Individuals with heart or lung disease should follow their health management plan from their health care provider.
- Asthmatic individuals should follow a prescribed asthma management plan.
For more information, click here.