Navajo Nation reports 12 new COVID-19 cases, one additional death
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Navajo Department of Health reported 12 new COVID-19 cases and one additional death Saturday.
The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases for the Navajo Nation has reached 30,590 with 29,224 recoveries. The total number of known deaths remains at 1,284.
Officials released the latest cases organized by service unit:
- Chinle Service Unit: 5,584
- Crownpoint Service Unit: 2,940
- Ft. Defiance Service Unit: 3,635
- Gallup Service Unit: 4,852
- Kayenta Service Unit: 2,719
- Shiprock Service Unit: 5,145
- Tuba City Service Unit: 3,722
- Winslow Service Unit: 1,974
- 19 residences are not specific enough to be placed in an accurate service unit
The Navajo Nation’s curfew remains in effect from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m daily.
COVID-19 cases will not be reported Sunday due to Mother’s Day. Daily reports will resume Monday.