New Mexico reports 2 new deaths, 126 additional COVID-19 cases
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) reported 2 additional COVID-19-related deaths in Friday’s report.
The latest deaths include:
- A male in his 60s from Sandoval County.
- A female in her 70s from Sandoval County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now 3,976.
In addition to the deaths, the state reported 126 additional COVID-19 cases. As of Friday, New Mexico has reported a total of 193,368 cases.
The latest cases include:
- 61 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 2 new cases in Chaves County
- 1 new case in Cibola County
- 1 new case in Colfax County
- 12 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 1 new case in Eddy County
- 4 new cases in Grant County
- 3 new cases in Lea County
- 1 new case in Luna County
- 3 new cases in Otero County
- 1 new case in Quay County
- 4 new cases in Rio Arriba County
- 14 new cases in Sandoval County
- 6 new cases in San Juan County
- 1 new case in San Miguel County
- 6 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 1 new case in Sierra County
- 1 new case in Socorro County
- 1 new case in Taos County
- 2 new cases in Valencia County
KOB 4 determined there was a 1% positivity result of the tests analyzed in Friday’s report from the state.
The state reports that 106 individuals are currently being hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19.
As of Friday, there are 174,849 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the NMDOH.