New Mexico reports 2 new deaths, 160 additional COVID-19 cases
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) reported two additional COVID-19-related deaths in Sunday’s report.
The latest deaths include:
- A male in his 60s from Bernalillo County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions. The individual was a resident of the Genesis Sandia Ridge Center facility in Albuquerque.
- A male in his 50s from Sandoval County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now 3,852.
In addition to the deaths, the state reported 160 additional COVID-19 cases. As of Sunday, New Mexico has reported a total of 188,311 cases.
The latest cases include:
- 45 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 8 new cases in Chaves County
- 1 new case in Cibola County
- 2 new case in Colfax County
- 3 new cases in Curry County
- 29 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 6 new cases in Eddy County
- 5 new cases in Grant County
- 6 new cases in Lea County
- 1 new case in Lincoln County
- 4 new cases in Luna County
- 9 new cases in Otero County
- 1 new case in Roosevelt County
- 11 new cases in Sandoval County
- 7 new cases in San Juan County
- 2 new cases in San Miguel County
- 9 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Taos County
- 8 new cases in Valencia County
- 1 new case among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Lea County Correctional Facility
KOB 4 determined there was a 1.8% positivity result of the tests analyzed in Sunday’s report from the state.
The state reports that 118 individuals are currently being hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19.
As of Sunday, there are 166,437 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.