New Mexico reports 3 new deaths, 167 additional COVID-19 cases
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) reported 3 additional COVID-19-related deaths in Wednesday’s report.
The latest deaths include:
Two recent deaths:
- A male in his 80s from Cibola County. The individual was a resident of the Good Samaritan Society facility in Grants.
- A female in her 70s from Eddy County.
One death from more than 30 days ago:
- A female in her 70s from Eddy County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions. The individual was a resident of the Lakeview Christian Home in Carlsbad.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now 4,254.
In addition to the deaths, the state reported 167additional COVID-19 cases. As of Wednesday, New Mexico has reported a total of 202,570 cases.
The latest cases include:
- 33 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 6 new cases in Chaves County
- 2 new cases in Colfax County
- 1 new case in Curry County
- 21 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 1 new case in Guadalupe County
- 1 new case in Luna County
- 1 new case in McKinley County
- 2 new cases in Otero County
- 12 new cases in Rio Arriba County
- 5 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 4 new cases in Sandoval County
- 19 new cases in San Juan County
- 13 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 1 new case in Taos County
- 5 new cases in Torrance County
- 8 new cases in Valencia County
- 32 new cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the Torrance County Detention Facility
The state reports that 130 individuals are currently being hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19.
As of Wednesday, there are 188,333 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the NMDOH.